Max Astri Optometrists is one of the oldest independently owned practices in Australia. The practice was established in the 1890’s by Herman Fischer, a German jeweller and optician.
Since the 1890’s, the practice has had four owners. Max Astri began practice in partnership with the late Perce Robson in 1977 and assumed full control of the practice in 1983. The practice has a reputation for clinical excellence and has a very close working relationship with leading ophthalmologists. Max has visiting practices in Cobar and Wellington. All three are accredited Eyecare Plus practices and achieved the highest possible 5 star rating when assessed by the Eyecare Plus accreditation panel in 2015.
Max Astri Optometrists has a reputation for innovation and for embracing and integrating new developments in technology into clinical practice. Max Astri Optometrists was one of the first practices to routinely dilate patients’ eyes to provide the most comprehensive retinal examinations, rather than “dilate on indication”.
Having used digital retinal imaging to assist in the monitoring of eye conditions for approximately 20 years, the practice was the first in the central west to introduce optical coherence tomography (OCT) in 2008. More recently an ultrawide field scanning laser ophthalmoscope was introduced into the practice, to better image all forms of retinal diseases, including macular degeneration, glaucoma and diabetic eye disease.
The Dubbo practice has been at its current location since 1996, conveniently located in the heart of the CBD. There is on street parking as well as parking in the nearby Myer, Centro or RSL carparks. There is also a small council car park at the rear of the practice in Holls Avenue.